Friday, September 24, 2010

Finally Here

 After having the longest day of my life on an airplane (24+ hours) Stephen, Kevin and I arrived safely in Hyderabad. The drive from the airport to the apartment we are currently staying at was very eye opening. Dog's rule the streets at night. They are everywhere! I am extremely motivated to adopt these cuties and help them find some loving homes.
 Driving rules simply do not exist here. Every one has right of way, Everyone speeds and everyone honks to let everyone else know they are trying to pass you. This system is so chaotic that it magically works. A few times I was convinced a car was going to hit us, or that we were going to run over a person, but no! At the last moment, every time, a near accident is avoided.
 Yesterday Stephen, Kevin and I went to the orientation for the school. We met the entire group that put this idea for a school into action. These are some of the smartest, nicest, and joyful people I have had the pleasure of meeting. Listening to the speeches made me feel very special to be a part of the educational advisors.
 Today, we held our first day of class. I met all my students and listened to each of them give speeches. After when it came time for me to critic, I tried my hardest to get their names right. All of my students were very helpful with trying to help me with the pronunciation, and laughed when I clearly did not get it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you made it there safely!!!!!!
    I MISS YOU! make your students choose American names so that you won't mispronounce them...

    ReplyDelete